Wednesday 22 July 2009

I meant to....

... write so many blog posts this week...
But now, just to be able to say that I started (again):
Things people tell each other on the subway - I know there are websites with that stuff on them, but do you really get to hear those funny things?
As far as I'm concerned, the things I often hear are rather boring, but every once in a while, there is a more interesting story being told.
Sometimes, you wonder why the people tell their friends this kind of stuff right there - can they not wait until they have gotten off the train?
Oh no, it must be so much more fun to know that most people who overhear the conversation will be slightly shocked!
At least that was what I thought last week - two guys got on and sat down where I was sitting.
They started a normal conversation which I don't even remember that well now, but they soon changed the topic and talked about the drug habits of one of them.
Now, would you believe that someone would be in his mother's place, taking cocaine while the police rings the bell? Could be... but when the police asks for him, would the mother tell them that he is just having some cocaine?
I don't know, well, if she wanted to get rid of him.
But then he claimed that he had also told the police what he had been doing upon their arrival...
Oh yes, the things people say to cheer up a friend!
They got off the train soon afterwards, and I thought that this was the conversational subway highlight of the week.
Funny thing is, they got off at the main train station, which has some blue light as decoration near the rails, just like the blue light they are using in toilets to prevent drug users from going there...

1 comment:

Dorice said...

Life is interesting, hearing conversations in public often as entertaining as the best novel. I sometimes figure that they are joking because they know that they're being overheard. But who knows, what do I know? Maybe they're all serious and I'm a nerd. :)